Thursday, June 16, 2016

What a Week !

This week I have 3 main highlights--

1) This week I got to go to the departing missionary temple trip. I still have a while, but because our mission president is leaving he wanted us to have the chance to go. Also, we don't want the other mission president to be too stressed when over 26 missionaries leave (and it will be his first transfer.)  That is a lot of missionaries! 

We went to the temple! LOVED IT! And we had lunch with the Van Cotts. They gave us all sorts of life advice- marriage, dating, parenting, career, schooling, and staying converted. It was really awesome! I love the Van Cotts. I think I love them so much because they remind me of my very own parents. They have deep, abiding testimonies. Both husbands make jokes and love to make people laugh. Both wives are firm mothers with forte's in cleanliness, primary songs, and discipline.  

Brianda & Chris's baptism.

2)  Saturday was the day that Brianda and Chris got baptized! It was such a special service. We had such a great support from the ward. They are such great people. It was a great service! Short but powerful! Brianda was so happy!  On Sunday she was talking about how she knows Satan will still try to tempt her but,  now she has the Holy Ghost to help her (**Last part said with a high pitched squeal**). I love her so much! She is such a miracle and a blessing!!!!!

Benito Gonzalez's Baptism
3) Literally, immediately after Brianda and Chris got baptized, I left for the desert with Chila (a recent convert in our ward) and her nonmember friend. We got there with time to spare and I got to see all my family there! They are still awesome!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THAT PLACE!!!!!!! Then Benito Gonzalez got baptized! He is such a powerhouse. He bore his testimony (not the first time!) at the service and thanked his missionaries. He told the story of how we first met, and how he has loved reading the Book of Mormon. HE IS SUCH A GREAT MAN!!!!!!!!!!! 

I LOVE ALL OF THESE PEOPLE! I am so grateful for this mission God has given me. These people have become a part of my heart and life for eternity. I know that it is a blessing to be a part of this work. God could do it himself if he wanted to, but instead he allows ordinary people like us to be a part of the happiest moment of someone else's life! Thank you for all of your support and prayers! They are very needed and appreciated by everyone here! Thank you!

Love, Hermana Wright

 



No comments:

Post a Comment