This week has been a good one. Great place, great branch, great people, great time to be a missionary. Thank you for all your prayers and support. I love getting your emails and pictures!!!!
|P-day with our zone.|
* Today we went to Indio to play soccer/tennis/basketball with other sisters of our zone. It was really fun.
* It is so beautiful here. It's about 70 degrees and it is so sunny. It feels like the best summer ever, and it's January!!!!!!
* We picked up 2 new investigators this week Rosa and Nell. Nell is the neighbor of another new family we started teaching a couple of weeks ago. She is so cute and is a single mom. She shared with us her strong testimony of Jesus Christ and she loves the video Because of Him. She readily invited us back another time. Rosa had met missionaries way back in 2006, but had lost contact with them. Sister Erickson contacted her on exchanges once and she sounded really awesome. She basically cried and talked the whole time about how she needs the gospel. She basically is a golden investigator. She is evidence that everybody we come in contact with, member or missionary has potential to accept the gospel.
* We had 2 really great lessons with members. This week we had a lesson with Ben where we did a church tour with our Ward Mission Leader. Ben has already been to the church building for a baptism and for a Christmas concert and said he loves it so much he doesn't want to leave. At the end of the lesson he committed to changes his work schedule so he and his son can come to church every Sunday. AWESOME!
The Cardoso's were so perfect and bore their testimonies....and the best part is now when Ben comes to church he will have an automatic friend! Ben asked us, what requirements do you have to have for baptism? And when can someone get baptized? So awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
* We also had a lesson with Sara and a new Hermana in the branch, Hermana Padilla. We have previously brought a couple members closer to Sara's age, but for some reason they didn't click very well. Until.....we brought this new Hermana. They clicked so well, the lesson ended with us all scheduling a time to go hiking together next Monday. It was so awesome to see Heavenly Father working with us to help Sara feel more comfortable at church.
I love you all!!!!!!!!
I love you all!!!!!!!!