|My new companion...Hermana Clarke|
1) I learned that its nice weather if it gets under 120 degrees
2) Every tree in the desert is home to some kind of bug that makes the most ANNOYING buzzing noise. When you are driving it sounds like people are doing yard work....but no one would do their yard work when you can literally shrivel and die outside.
3) DON'T talk to drunk men with their shirts off....even if they look like the member you are going to go see. They may ask you for your number and hand you their phone.
4) This branch has 2 members of the bishopric who American....but speak Spanish from their missions.
5) The people here are great!!!! Still getting used to everything!
6) If you go to Cardenas (the grocery store) you can find MANY people who would like to learn English! We are starting up another English class here, and so we decided to go hand out fliers at Cardenas...turned out to be very successful and stressful. Even in English its hard to start up random conversations. Usually it starts with, "are you making some salsa?"
7) Met a man feeding the pigeons outside of Cardenas (first one I've met that didn't know who was playing in the Gold Cup!!!!!!) he asked me where in Mexico I was from. WHAT??? Hermano Cardozo (our Ward Missionary leader) said that I could pass for some one from Los Altos--in Jalisco. Yeah!!!!! I would prefer to think of it as my accent that makes people think I'm native....but I guess it's my eyelashes.
Things are going really great here!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you all for your love and support!!!!! H Wright
|Our roomates - Hmas Ipson, Wright, Olsen, Shin|
|Toriz Familia (Ward Mission Leader)|
|Jenny and Kids|
|Uribe's (Ruby, Claudia, Sol)|
|Justus & Kim|