Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Happy Easter

April 6, 2015
Hola once again familia y amigos:

 
Thanks for the Easter Basket
Another whirlwind week. We are already starting week 4....month 2! Sometimes it feels like it's going so fast....and then other times it feels like things are dragging! This week was one of the harder weeks.....but hey.....we knew that would happen! I loved reading all your letters, and I am so glad that most of you had the opportunity to watch conference! It was so awesome! As far as this week's momentos are concerned.....


First up....Weirdest Moment: la familia Larios....what do I say. They found my blog on 'accident'....and so now I have to significantly trim down what I say about them. :) JUST KIDDING! (Shout out to Moses Larios!). Their family is awesome and had us over for dinner not once, but TWICE this week! We always have a good time! The people here are SO SO SO AWESOME!!!!! Every day I get to be amongst the awesome, loving, humble, hilarious people of Rialto, CA. Sure.....this place has its weirdo's...like the sign-holder guy on the corner that was dancing....crazily...and I have to admit, for being 100 ft away I still felt EXTREMELY uncomfortable. But, hey.....he was definitely drawing attention to his business. We also have the occasional encounter with someone making a drug deal....but we share the 'Because He Lives' video anyway!!!  For all those people, we see 100x more who are just plain AWESOME!

E. Gore & E. Juarez












 

Scripture Moment: This week while studying, I found an awesome scripture that I wanted to share.....since its still Easter Season! 
 
Isaiah 49:15-16
 15 Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.

 16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.

I want to share my testimony that I KNOW that He knows us. He has us scarred into His hands! He not only knows what we need and our personalities....he knows what we are going through. He knows because He experienced it! I love this scripture because it reminds us that in a world where it feels like we are alone and nobody cares about us....there is ALWAYS someone who is with us! 
 

Ward FHE...Book of Mormon Charades
Roughest Moment:  This week was one of those weeks where I felt like I had my weaknesses shown to me...a lot of them all at once. I realized that I have some things I need to improve on. The sad thing is that the one lesson I failed to realize until now is that we shouldn't let 'becoming aware of our weaknesses' stop us. I did that this week....I was told that I was talking too much in lessons and that I wasn't the teacher I thought I was....and so I stopped talking, thinking that would solve the problem all together. The thing I failed to recognize is that God works through imperfect teachers...in the words of Elder Holland "That's all he has to work with. That must be awfully frustrating, but He eals with it." The lesson I think I learned most this week is that we MUST keep trying. We are not perfect...and occasionally we get reminded of that...and it's painful. But, God shows us our weaknesses so that we can see how much we've changed when He is done with us! So keep working...keep struggling..., but  most importantly Keep Trying!!  I like the conference talk where he talked about Saints. We are n ot Saints in this church...unless Saint means 'a sinner who keeps on trying.'
 



General Conference Moment:
There were so many little things that popped out to me. And I wish I could remember them.....but alas I am found unprepared without my notebook, which I left in the car.
 

Redlands Temple
SO....you will all have to wait until next week. 
For now....know that I love you all! A special shout out goes to all the missionaries entering the MTC within the week! You can do this!!!!!!!!! 
For all those deciding whether or not they will serve a mission......GO! It is a blessing in so many ways! You get to serve God, work with His children, and let Him change you into a better person all at the same time! 
Keep reading the Book of Mormon, going to church, praying, and growing your faith!!!!!
I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS Saw Tavi in one of the General Conference Magazines!
 
Tavi


 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment