Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Mission Life: The goods and the bads


Hola Familia & Friends:                        

 Well....it's been another week here in Rialto 4th. Life has been good. This week has gone by fast...transfers are coming up....and I can't help but feel nervous! This week was much better I will just give you some highlights:

 Favorite Lesson: We asked Cesar and Jose Ocampo to be baptized!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Their date is April 25th NEXT SATURDAY! We are really hoping that everything will work out just right! They are so awesome!!!! We had a Noche de Hogar with la familia Larios this week with them...we played a little ping pong and such....it was fun!
 
Low: None of our investigators (even the one's on date for baptism) came to church....it was kind of like a stab to the heart. So officially....Karen & Lupis and Crystal are not progressing :(  It's hard to help them see that this is such a big deal. We worked really hard on Karen and Lupis this week. We brought an Hermana from the ward to make friends with them and follow up with them....but to no avail. We aren't going to 'drop' them but we will start to see them less. And hopefully this week we will find other investigators to fill up the empty time slots. 
 
Study Insights:  I started the Book of Mormon again.....I wanted to finish the New Testament first....but I have recognized the lack of the strong spirit that the Book of Mormon brings! I LOVE THE BOOK OF MORMON! I have realized it is one of the things in the church that I have the strongest testimony about. I am only in 1 Nephi 15 but the story is SO cool! And I am finding characteristics and things I had never noticed. We have seen in the ward a real lack of knowledge of the Book of Mormon (seen in the Noche de Hogar where we acted out Book of Mormon stories.....some people didn't even know who Laman and Lemuel were). So our new challenge to people is starting to read the Book of Mormon together as a family. We also challenged Itzel (investigator) and the Ocampo's to start reading the Book of Mormon as well. I love the part in 1 Nephi 17
 
"But it came to pass that I prayed unto the Lord, saying: O Lord, according to my faith which is in thee, wilt thou deliver me from the hands of my brethren; yea, even give me strength that I may burst these bands with which I am bound. "

 He prays to be strengthened...he prays to have the strength to change his own circumstances not necessarily to have his circumstances changed. 

 Another insight was:   
                                                                                                                  
"For it came to pass after I had desired to know the things that my father had seen, and believing that the Lord was able to make them known unto me, as I sat pondering in mine heart I was caught away in the Spirit of the Lord, yea, into an exceedingly high mountain, which I never had before seen, and upon which I never had before set my foot. "                                                                                     
If we want to receive answers to our questions and really feel the spirit, we have to take the time to do so!!!! Ponder it in your heart!!!!

Funniest Moments:

We started a game in the car where we try to wave to as many people as we can. We get a tally mark for everyone that waves back....naturally I tend to win. So Hermana Jimenez has to go to desperate measures. One time she rolled down the window, waved and said 'Have a Good day' and the guy was visibly creeped out! It was hilarious! 

 Also Hermana Jimenez wanted to give our flowers a little sun...she put them outside on the balcony....they fell off 5 minutes later. We spent the next 10 minutes cleaning up broken glass.

 Another Jimenez moment.... we were slowing rolling along and she threw the car into park from being in drive. YIKES! I silently thought of what Dad might say. She was bewildered and asked what happened..... Ha-ha

 Well that's it folks....I am aware that some of you read my letters only for entertainment purposes, and so, I am sorry this week has been rather redundant. But, hey! Next week! Next week we are going to take Mario, Cesar, and Jose to a Samoan baptism so they can see what it's like. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! 

Have a GREAT week! Thanks for your prayers! Also....Shout out to Hermana Sarah Cheret and Sister Chelsia Liu who are both leaving on the 15th for Spain and China!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Love,   Hermana Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment