Thursday, May 26, 2016

Our new 3-some, Miracles & High Speed Chase



Familia and Friends!

This week has been another great one here in San Bernardino!!! Some exciting things have happened..., but the biggest news of all is transfers. For the next 5 weeks, we will be in a trio! Our new companion is Hermana Frost!!!!!!!! That's right, Hermana Jackson, Wright, AND Frost! CRAZY!!!!!!

Miracles:
-This week-- Brianda. I LOVE HER SO MUCH! She has literally been such a miracle! In her second lesson we came in and sat down with her and she said, "I want to prepare for my baptism, what do I need to do and when can I get baptized"...literally, that was the conversation starter!!!!!! She came to our ward party on Friday, a baptism on Saturday, Church on Sunday, and had us over to eat on Sunday night!!!!! SHE IS SO AWESOME!!!!! Literally we saw so many miracles with her this week! Her date is June 11th! She is so ready! We received so much support and love from the ward. She had so many people come and meet her. She clicked with so many of the hermanas, things could not have worked out better!!!! Brianda is a single mom with 3 adorable ninos- Chris, Ivanna, and Melissa. Chris is 9 and will get baptized too. WOW! Ivanna is five and calls us her Tia's (Aunts :)). They are all so cute!!!!!! 

-We also ate dinner this week with la familia Mendoza. Hermano is sure he will be baptized before I leave. He also came to church AGAIN this Sunday!!! YES!!!! We had planned to talk about the Book of Mormon in our dinner thought, but hermano is SUPER talkative...we didn't get much in. But, he is SO SO AWESOME!!!! Hermana Mendoza came up to us in church and said that she had been pretty frustrated the night before after we left, but that she read the Book of Mormon and felt so much peace. YES!!!!!!! Another miracle!!!!


-At the end of Relief Society, like 5 minutes to the end. A homeless-looking woman walked in to the room and sat in the back. So before closing the class, the relief society president asks her to introduce herself and she says something like this, "I have been looking for you for months. My family and I just moved from Sinaloa and we have been living on the streets for a few months. We eat maybe 1 or 2 times a week I wanted to find my church but I didn't know where to look. But I finally found you. I know that my church is true. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet. I am so grateful I found my Brothers and Sisters." all through tears. At the end of the closing prayer, I went over and hugged her. She told me that she hadn't eaten this week, but was grateful to be here. I hugged her and told her everything would be ok. The members flocked around her, Hermana Lujan gave her all of her church snacks, the other gave her a white envelope (containing money for sure), and it was so hard not to cry. WOW! The spirit. Later as everyone is filing out of the relief society room Hermana Loera (from the nursery) comes rushing in, sees her, and yells "MI HERMANA! (my sister)" They hugged for a good couple minutes crying. Apparently, Hermana Loera and her husband went to go give food to the homeless at a homeless park, and that is the first contact this woman had had with the church for a while. She walked about 2 hours to get to church. She is a return missionary whose husband is getting deported. She has such a strong testimony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW! I cried....a little bit! 
We had 3 investigators at church!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

San Bernardino Moments:

-Saw another High Speed chase
Fiesta Time ... Ward Party
-Later yesterday, we were having a lesson with a less active member. People here leave their doors wide open to let the breeze in..... so in the middle of the lesson we here like 8 gun shots and sirens right after them.... needless to say Hermana Frost looked Terrified!

I know that this church is true! I know that God will take care of us when we keep our covenants. He is bound when we obey! I love this work. I know the Book of Mormon is True and that it contains the fullness of the Gospel, meaning we can never be satisfied with the word of god until we read and study the Book of Mormon. Hold to the Rod!!!! Have a great Day!!!!!

Love, Hermana Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment