Monday, June 1, 2015

Exchanges, Interviews, I-Pads & Speaking in Church


Roommates - Me, Hermana's Hamblin,
Jimenez & Olsen
This week was relatively AWESOME!!!! Well, not lesson wise....we didn't actually teach that much! But, I got exactly what I needed this week, a little bit of confidence! This week I had Exchanges, Interviews with President, IPAD training, speaking in church....and this Sunday we have another General Authority coming to speak in Stake Conference. 
 
Exchanges: I stayed in my area with Sister Shin, from Sandy UT. We literally are almost the same person....apart from the fact that she is Korean, and a Sister Training Leader. She actually knows a few people from Jordan High School, because hey, she also went to Jordan. She is majoring in Psychology at BYU, but only has 1 year left. It was really AWESOME....a little stressful...but awesome! We had 3 lessons--2 of which I had to translate....so you can imagine! It was actually the boost I needed. Everyone here is pretty certain that I am fluent .....at least I can DEFINITELY communicate! YEAH!!!!! 
 

My study desk.
Interviews with President: He was able to give me a priesthood blessing, and reminded me that unity in a companionship is the most important. He said if Thomas S Monson and Dallin H Oaks were asked to be companions they would want to go different directions, but they would work together. He also reminded me to go through my Patriarchal blessing again. He is so great!!!! 
 

IPAD Training--- really awesome, except we learned we won't be getting our IPADs until next transfer sometime...oh well. We had Elder Gonzalez and Elder Schweitzer come and speak to us!!!!!! It was SO SO SO SO great!!!! 
 

Mothers Day Activity
Speaking in church.   I spoke in church 2 weeks ago, about Arrepentimiento (or repentance). All 5 missionaries in our ward spoke, so it was perfect for the Doctrine of Christ (Faith, Repentance, Baptism, gift of the Holy Ghost, and endure to the end). It was only a little stressful.....
 
Well folks......it's almost transfers again.....I don't know what is going to happen, but I am way excited to find out! These people here are so so so awesome! And it's a little hard sometimes to remember that there are people in other areas that I am meant to help. Everyone is so humble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I had more time!!!! But, know that I love you guys SO SO SO much! I love getting your letters, emails, and packages! Thank you to Hinckley 2200 that sent me the cutest pictures and notes this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
My closing spiritual thought is:

"I feel certain that if, in our homes, parents will read from the Book of Mormon prayerfully and regularly, both by themselves and with their children, the spirit of that great book will come to permeate our homes and all who dwell therein. The spirit of reverence will increase; mutual respect and consideration for each other will grow. The spirit of contention will depart. Parents will counsel their children in greater love and wisdom. Children will be more responsive and submissive to the counsel of their parents." --- Marion G Romney

The Book of Mormon is SOOOOOOOOO Powerful!!!! Miracles happen when you READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
Have a great week everybody! And keep praying for those missionary experiences!
Love you guys!!!
 
PS  Finally found my camera cord!!!!!!!!! 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment