Monday, May 4, 2015

Weddings and things...


May 4, 2015

Well, here I am another week! Today is actually my 3 month birthday! YEAH!!!! This week was full of.....actually I am not going to lie.....not much. We only had 5 lessons. To be fair though, I was sick with a cold for a lot of the week and we don't have ANY progressing investigators. So we are REALLY working on finding!! Really Really! We also are still working on our English class....however....only 1 nonmember came (Ruth and her 2 daughters...she is Jewish....which is interesting), and 3 members came...but it was totally worth it for this one family! 

One super exciting thing this week was going to an Indian wedding. If you remember, we do service for the Singh family (helping them with homework and such). Their niece got married this weekend, and they invited us to come. We went and it was CRAZY interesting......yup....and by that I mean we walked out and were like "What just happened?" In the picture the girl standing farthest to the right is Isha (we help her). Everyone there was speaking Hindi (or something) and we felt SO out of place. Laxmi, the mom, would introduce us and then tell people we were the tutors....and they would go "OH, welcome". So, we are spreading the gospel.....well Laxmi is. She is so grateful for us! She really feels inadequate as a mother, and we are doing our best to help out. 
 

We got roommates this week Sister Hamblin (from before) and Sister Olson (who will be going home with me! That is so crazy!). So we are really doing well with speaking in Spanish, because now we can have conversations.  It is cool to be able to communicate with someone in another language.....and I am not even doing that badly! ooooh...also I used Subjunctive unknowingly for the first time (I've used it before.....but this time I said it because it sounded right!!!!). For those of you who don't know what subjunctive is......it's one of the 5 billion verb tenses in Spanish.......yikes!

Well I hope you all had a great week! Remember that I love you, but more importantly God loves you! 

I was reading this week in Mosiah (my very favorite book) and I came across a scripture that really hit me hard.....do I remember where it is at the moment....nope! But, next week! 

This week's scripture moment, however...... is found in Luke 24:27,32

This is the story of the Road to Emmaus, and I had never thought of it like this. In Preach My Gospel there is a section called Recognizing the Spirit, and there is a question that asks "What Scriptures should I Share"...... This scripture was on the list and I picked it at random....and it blew my mind. So in the story, 2 of Jesus' disciples are walking and run into another man. Unbeknownst to them, it is Jesus..... he talks and walks with them " expound[ing] unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself [or Christ]". Later when the disciples eyes are opened, and they recognize the Savior they say "Did not our hearts burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures." 


SO.....what scriptures should we share......scriptures about HIM. The thing that has stuck out to me  this week is the profound knowledge we have of the Pre existence (as a church). We KNOW that everyone here on the Earth CHOSE to be here! So, anything we say with the spirit will be "carried to their hearts" by the spirit. And because they have heard the gospel before (in the pre-existence) it WILL sound familiar to them. "[their] hearts will burn within [them]". Their spirits KNOW Jesus Christ...so when we testify of him, the spirit will touch their hearts!!!! 

I love you all!!!! I hope you are having a great week....and I hope this next one is even better!!!!!! Happy Mother's day to all of those Moms out there....especially my mom, who I will argue is the best one out there! LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hermana Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment