Monday, March 7, 2016

MLC, Temple Trip, Exchanges and More...

Dear Family & Friends:

This week was quite the week! We had so many things happen:

MLC-- We had a great meeting where we talked about getting back to the basics as companionships. Every morning we need to be doing a role play to practice- asking questions of the soul, talking about our purpose as missionaries, teaching simply (teaching the restoration in 5 minutes), or inviting people to be baptized. Meetings tend to always be a great time to reflect and want to be better. I am excited to change, repent, and be a more effective missionary. 

Temple Trip-- This week we got to go to the temple which was AWESOME! Not only was it special to go and sit and think and feel the spirit, but it was so cool because Rialto 4th, my first area, was doing a relief society temple trip and I got to see some of the sisters: Hermana Larios, Hermana Rodill, Hermana Saldana, and Hermana Alfaro. Such cute sisters! It was reaffirmed for me this week in the temple that everything is going to work out. Take a deep breath and take everything one step at a time. 


Familia Padilla from San Jacinto
Exchanges-- This was a really good exchange! Not because we put anyone on date or anything, but because I truly felt like I was helping. I went with Hermana Killpack to Rialto 3rd ward (Spanish). She has been out for 11 months. From the very start when I asked what help they wanted, they said they needed help finding. There is a little trick to finding that I have learned, talk with everyone. That is how you find! So, we exchanged at 8:30pm and then planned for our next day. That day we found 4 people that were GOLDEN and they set a time for us to come meet with them! It was such a testimony to me that, yes maybe we are in rough spots, but sometimes we have the keys and answers, we just need to use them. Those sisters are doing such a great job. At the end I asked the sisters why they thought we did exchanges the way we did (meaning why Hermana Killpack and I were together in their area). I didn't really know the answer because I just prayed about it and felt impressed that is what needed to happen. But, by the end of our exchange it was very clear to me and Hermana Killpack. It was cool to see how the Lord works! 
 
Investigators:

Lewis is doing really great. However, he did promise he would come to church, and then he didn't. That was a little upsetting. He is really awesome and always says how he feels something different when we come over and when he prays. He told us a really cool experience of when he prayed and just poured out his heart. THIS IS WHY MISSIONS ARE SO COOL! We meet awesome people that are just hungry for the truth! 


Familia Reyes from San Jacinto
Hermano Flores is also another investigator that has been taught for a while. When I got here it kind of sounded like he needed some more time, and maybe that he needed to wait for some other missionaries when he would be more prepared. We had a lesson with him that for parts just seemed like an argument (we are trying to work on drawing not dragging :)). Finally I just said, Hermano, have you been reading the Book of Mormon? And he said no. I told him that the ONLY way he would know, is if he read and he wasn't reading. I told him that if he wanted to read we were there to help him recognize his answer, but if he didn't want to maybe he wasn't ready. Things got so much better and we set some goals for him to read every day. And guess what? We have called him every morning and he has been reading!!!!!!!!!! 
**Still haven't met all of our investigators, so I don't have a ton to say. But, just that this is a great place to be, with great people! 

I love you all! Thank you for your support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,   Hermana Wright










No comments:

Post a Comment