Monday, February 8, 2016

One Year Mark

Family and Friends:

This week marked my year mark...that brought a lot of mixed feelings. It was a really good time for reflection. The whole day I thought about when I was going into the MTC, what it was like and how I was feeling.
Redlands, CA Temple

Miracle Moment #1:
Every Thursday we do something called Weekly Planning. We set goals and plan lessons for the coming week. This week we set a goal, a relatively high goal I'd say, for lessons with a member present. In the past we have usually gotten about 2 or 3. But this week we set a goal of about 8. But, a few things happened this week and pretty soon we began to lose hope at being able to come even close to meeting our goal.  This week we had exchanges, MLC (a leadership conference), and a mission conference.....so I was literally hardly here. I was so worried about keeping our area afloat. So by Friday we h
ad only had 2 lessons and none had been with members present. The next day,  Saturday, we had our Mission Conference and Leadership conference. I thought for sure we wouldn't be able to meet our goal, but that night alone we had 3 lessons, all with members present! In the past we haven't even gotten that many in a week!!!!!!!

Miracle Moment #2:   Susy. Do you remember a while ago when we met two people at the library on P-day? Susy was one of those people. She asked us to pray for her. The other p-day we saw her again at Food For Less and she said she would call. This week she called us and asked us to come over and help her. So yesterday we did. She is now a new investigator! After the library experience I had been really sad that nothing came out of it. The man we taught disappeared and no longer had the same telephone number. And we had the wrong number for Susy. But now I know that everything happens for a reason. Always open your mouth! That is our baptismal covenant!

Review:
This week was a really good week. I feel like I was barely in my area. The beginning of the week I went on exchanges with Hermana Frost in Indio. It was really fun. The sisters in Indio work in the new Ward that they made from part of our branch. So I got to see a member family that was in our branch before (the Lemus). When we went to eat dinner, the husband was asking about the MTC. Turns out I knew his niece in the MTC. 


Me with Hermana Frost

We had some really really great meetings! At our Mission Conference, we had Elder Hamula of the Seventy come. It was so great! He talked a lot about our Divine Nature. Later that day we had a Leadership conference, and it was so powerful. He helped us analyze how to make our mission become the best it can be. He said that we are a great mission, one of the best he has seen. He said the final frontier for us will be unified consecration. That was really powerful to me. Consecration. We can be great missionaries and keep the rules and have baptism.....but without full and complete consecration we are not becoming disciples of him. This morning I studied consecration in the scriptures. Literally every missionary/disciple of Jesus Christ there ever was had to consecrate themselves. Lehi and his family left everything they owned. Alma was chased out leaving behind everything. The sons of Mosiah gave up the judgment seat. It really caused for some great pondering. What do I need to give up? What is keeping me from being a disciple of Christ? What great questions we ALL need to ask ourselves! What lack I yet?

I know this church is true! I know the Book of Mormon contains the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. When you read it, you will feel it. It is true!!!!!!!! If you don't know that, read it and sincerely ask if it is true.

I love you all so very much! Have a great day!
Love, Hermana Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment