Monday, August 17, 2015

Threesome, Piano & Speaking in Church

Buenas Dias....

Hello dearest family and friends! I have prepared TERRIBLY to write this letter, so hopefully it is the perfect amount of funny, spiritual, and....awesome. 

* We have a new companion, Sister Teichert. She is awesome. She is still in training but her trainer went home (not early....she was just finished). We knew this was going to happen but we didn't really know for sure if she would be staying with us in a trio.....and we still don't know. But we are just working hard, covering both an English ward and Spanish branch. 

*Quote from Sister Clarke:  "Of the 50 people we talked to this week, only six or seven of them were drunk." Also we only got hit on a couple times. 

However....we got a text on Saturday from an investigator that said (in Spanish) "Clarke I love you beautiful".  We didn't know exactly what to do....so we mostly ignored it, hoping it was a text from one of his friends to tease him or something (since mostly every time we go over there we get whistled at). We went to go see the SUPER awesome investigator that lives at his house (no relation...I don't think), hoping that the creepy guy wouldn't be there. SURPRISE...he was, and I am pretty sure we helped him conclude that his text was not ok. I was pretty cold.

*But now on to more spiritual matters, we spoke in church yesterday (I also think I forgot to tell you that I am the ward pianist.....before I came they were using their phones next to the microphone). Also sometimes they call me to play the piano at baptisms 30 minutes away because nobody plays the piano here. But anyway..... Church. We all decided to choose our topics like the General Authorities do it....all by personal revelation. So when we all got there we pretty much talked about Faith, Repentance and Enduring to the End---the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I spoke about Personal Conversion and shared the talk by Dieter F. Uchtdort "Lord, Is it I?". I just was thinking about all week...how the purpose is to become more like Jesus Christ...then we MUST act like him every day to practice. The point of this life is to leave it changed.....not the same person. It's the same thing with a  mission. If you try to leave your mission unchanged or you think you know the right way to preach the gospel....you've missed the point.

President Van Cott emailed us this really cool quote by Russell M Nelson :" So in the broader context, we all are in the process of repentance as a lifetime curriculum. This type

Of repentance is conversion, and we are all in the process of conversion. It’s never finished. We’re never converted fully until we are exactly like the Lord. So be content with your need to repent, for your need to be converted. It’s a continuing process, one which never ends." I’m very grateful for that process of change that allows us to become more like the Savior. Now I understand what He meant when He said, “What manner of men ought Ye to be? . . . Even as I am.” That is repentance. That is full conversion. That is the will of the Lord for each of us.”

So DONT MISS THE POINT....if you aren't constantly evaluating yourself, constantly changing, and constantly repenting....then keep in mind the fact that " The savior always chooses his disciples while they are at work....Satan chooses his while they are idle." (Bytheway) 

I am not just talking about repenting of your sins..... Become more like Christ (that pretty much means stop being human.....) there is ALWAYS something we need to improve on! Don't be idle....choose to change on your own!

I have also been studying a lot about the history of the Book of Mormon....especially how it connects with the Bible. It's pretty awesome! I recommend you all do it. It was new-found knowledge for me. The Book of Mormon time period starts right around the beginning of Jeremiah. It has been really interesting talking with members and investigators about the history of the Book of Mormon because almost none of them have any clue what it is they have in their hands. Study it!!!!!!! 

I love you all so much! I hope you have a great week! Thanks for all the support!!!!!

Love
Hermana Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment